Friday, February 3, 2012

making memories

When you decide to move overseas at the age of 24, you don't think about what it is like for the family you leave thousands of miles away. Last week my parents came to visit us. It was the first time they had come since we moved overseas 7 years ago. I loved watching Preston make memories with them. 
 We took them to all of our favorite local places. They enjoyed the food and touring around our great big city.

 Mom and dad got to be the first grandparent to meet Isabella.






 I was so proud of them for eating anything we introduced them to. They even said they would eat it again. :)
 I think their favorite fruit was the dragon fruit. I only wished I had introduced them to it on the first day instead of half way through the visit.


It was always interesting to see if dad could fit in the tiny chairs at coffee shops or noodle places. I loved that my mom and dad got to see a little piece of our life in Hanoi. It was so much fun having them. There just isn't anything like your parents telling you how proud they are of the person you have become! I only wish we could see each other more often.  The hardest part about family visiting is having to say good bye.

Mom and Dad thanks for a GREAT visit! We miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment