Wednesday, June 22, 2011

back to "normal"

So life is getting back to normal for us in Hanoi. It is about 100 degrees out so lots of water is being consumed at our house. It is still a daily struggle for me to use my Vietnamese, because I still want to speak Thai instead. For every 1 word I speak in Vietnamese there are usually 3 or 4 that follow in Thai. Not sure when my brain will ever make the switch, but when it happens I'll let you know.

Last week Tim took a team of young people to the village. They had lots of walking and lots of praying. Most of all they got to meet and see the people.

They worshiped and prayed inside a cave.

Prayed for the many people they came across. 

They got to play lots of football (soccer) and then gave the ball to the village head

It was rice harvesting time so they helped in the fields and continued to pray for the faces they came across


The hikes were hard, but views were breath taking.


Tim will be leading another team starting July 4th. Pray for Preston and I as well as Tim. On the 9th of July Tims family arrives, and when they leave we will be moving out of our house. However, we are not sure where we will be moving to. So a busy summer for us, how about you? There is still time to plan your trip to Vietnam for next summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment