Friday, January 7, 2011

Preston turned 3





For Prestons birthday this year we had a big train theme. I decided to make a ginger bread train to compliment the mini train cakes I already planned to make (thank you Renee H. for sending the cake pan out). To make the ginger bread train, I cut out the pattern from cardboard, then rolled out my ginger bread dough (recipe from this book),placed my pattern cut outs on dough then cut and baked. When the ginger bread came out of the oven I put my pattern pieces back on to make sure the edges were straight so we didn't have a crooked train. When the ginger bread was completely cooled we put it together with quick butter cream icing, and decorated with candy.

I put some crackers inside the train engine to support the round cookies. Preston sorted through the M & M's to find the red and green ones. We then used little Hershey bars for the coal cart. the poles sticking out were 3 HUGE candles for singing Happy Birthday (more like flames).



We even had a lumbar cart with chocolate sticks and pretzels. We had a lot of fun making our ginger bread train. That was the day before his birthday. Pictures of his birthday are still to come.












1 comment: