Monday, January 24, 2011

January happenings

Many of you know that in January I started studying Vietnamese for 18 hours per week. I study from 9 until noon from Mon. until Sat.  Of course I thought I would be entering my last trimester and preparing for baby #2 to be born April 6th, but life didn't happen how I planned.  After our miscarriage in Sept. I had to come to grips with the fact that Preston continues to be an only child. I realized I had to study more and make the most of where I am at today not where I "hope" to be tomorrow. So in order for me to study this much we had to make a decision about whether we should start Preston at a preschool or not. At first I thought ABSOLUTELY NOT. I had this perfect picture of us having 4 or 5 kids, thriving in our work in Southeast Asia, and homeschooling all of them. The "perfect" family picture.  In reality I realized Preston needed more "play" time and there was an Int'l preschool near our house. After checking it out and confirming that they were actually learning something and it was not a daycare, we enrolled Preston for 3 half days a week. 

 He is loving his new school! He goes Tue. Wed. and Fri. from 9 until noon. It is an Int'l preschool, but many of the kids are Vietnamese and one of those days they have Vietnamese instruction. So I am learning more and more Vietnamese and Preston is one happy boy playing with his friends.
Above is the picture from our rooftop. We are pointing in the direction of Preston's new school. It is near the very tall hotel in the background.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie - Best laid plans, right? When we started the 2nd adoption, our plan was to have two girls a couple years apart so they could grow up together and share a room. God had other plans. Almost 5yrs later, Lorna is almost 7 before she became the big sister, and it's to a little brother, not sister. God is faithful, all the time and often we get swept away in our plans while he sits there and waits for us to surrender and allow Him to work. When we do, we find it's so much better and wonder why we didn't think of that :)

    Love you and will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete