Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christmas in Sept.

Last year we started a new tradition in our Advent observations. I made a 'Jesse' tree that had about 20 ornaments that represented creation until the birth of Christ. Since it was more of a last minute idea I worked on the fly last year and this year wanted to improve the ornaments. I have been working diligently on this project while in Chiang Mai waiting on baby Isabella's arrival. Below are a few that I have improved on. 

  Noah's ark


Wall of Jericho


Tree of knowledge of good and evil (sin entering the world)


10 commandments


The above were made from a simple salt dough recipe, but I soon learned that in SE Asia it is too humid and they don't fully dry. So I have since bought air dry clay and am in the process of redoing them and seeing if the clay will dry better. I am almost finished with all the ornaments. I have a few other things we will be doing as a family this year, but I will save that for the actual season of Advent. I know it is Sept, but I also know that with Isabella coming in 5 weeks I wont have time to do these crafty things before Advent as I will be all caught up in staring at our miracle baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment