Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blogs I follow

I have many different blogs that I would like to read, and all of them for different reasons. I have personal blogs of friends so I can keep up with their lives while living so far away. Cooking blogs to help inspire me to change it up sometimes. My favorite these days are preschool crafty blogs. I love getting new ideas from the various blogs I subscribe to. The best part is they all come into my google reader. Some of my favorites are below.

skiptomylou.org is great because of her made by you monday post I like to quickly look through these and find new blogs that I haven't discovered yet. Anything form fun crafts to knew menu items.

If you're familiar with ucreate you'll love kids create for all of their great craft ideas. Red Teds blog introduced me first to STart (story art). You take a story and from the story do a craft with your children. For example If you choose Go Dog Go by Dr Seuss when you finish reading the book you can then make funny hats with your child afterward just like the dogs talk about in the book. Here is an idea that we used at the house.  Preston winter tree turned out beautifully.

A few other blogs I follow for fun preschool ideas are:
counting coconuts
growing up our style
pink and green mama
1+1+1=1

Of course there are a ton more, but for now those have been some favorites. Then there are a number of cooking blogs or food blogs I like to follow as well. In the last year moved away from baking blogs like bakerella  and geared more toward blogs that posted weekly menus and meal ideas.

Dining with Debbie always has a weekly crockpot post . Of course we all know the pioneer woman can cook.  The last one I'll post about food is Ucreate food

There are so many creative ideas out there. I love to create, but don't have the time to think of many of these things on my own. I loved getting inspired over Christmas to do many fun things to decorate the house with items found around our house. I love being able to create things with Preston that help him expand his imagination rather than buy more store bought toys. What are some of your favorite blogs?

1 comment:

  1. Love the Pioneer Woman! My other favorites include Marriage Confessions, Enjoying the Small Things, and {Jessica Lynette} :)

    ReplyDelete